CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

Not done yet...

I fell off the face of the earth....again! Oh well....Hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) that our addition will be done this week. Really there isn't a lot left to do! They have to do all the shelves/rods in the walk in closet and linen closet, tile the shower, put hardware on vanity and doorknobs...and I think that is it. They keep assuring me that they will be done by Friday. Our carpet in the new bedroom, office and the rest of the house is being laid on next Monday and Tuesday. Then comes the work...getting this house put back together. :) I am excited to have these workers (even though they are very nice) gone...that way I can get back to staying in my PJs until noon! :) I also miss having the boys lay in bed with me in the morning and watching cartoons! It will be nice to not be sleeping in the living room! And also going from one bath to THREE!

What else is new? I went on a weekend shopping trip with some friends up to Chicago and had a blast!!! Nice to be with the girls...no kids...no husbands...sorry guys! We love you but can appreciate you even more when you are taking care of the kids without us!

We went up to my dad's again to celebrate Uncle Matt's 34th birthday on September 20th. How can that be? Seems like yesterday he was chasing me around the kitchen island swearing he was going to kill me for hanging the phone up on one of his girlfriends! :) Luckily John Noble saved my life that day! :) We went on the boat and everyone had a blast with tubing, kneeboarding, skiing, and Matt K even slalomed! He is awesome and makes it seem so easy! The kids tubed. Ethan is so brave...he wiped out again really bad but wasn't freaked out. I think he should try to ski next year. We also hit another county fair while we were there!

Work has been busy for both of us. We are hoping that Delphi can get out of Chapter 11 here soon! Why not...they have only been in bankruptcy since the fall of 2006. :) We are just happy that Matt made it through the 600 cuts that were made! :)

I have been busy with work...got a promotion of some sorts. Wondering if I should have accepted or not. This transition period isn't fun, but hopefully it will be worth it. I had to cut 13 people off my caseload so that I can help take new clients onto the Waiver. It is fun to meet new clients, get them hooked up with services, and then move them on to a permanent case manager. My new title is called a Transition Case Manager. Just happy to have this job...don't know if I can ever work a 9-5 job again...the last 3 years have spoiled me!

The boys are good. Evan is a nasty drooling--snotty mess, but what else is new. Those of you that know Evan...know that he has drooled since June 1st 2006 which was the day he was born! :) Actually he is cutting the last 2 molars so I am excited for him to stop with the drool. Soon I hope! The snot...well he gets that from me...poor kid and his allergies. We don't seem to have any relief from the congestion. He has tried about EVERY medication but no luck so far! :) He is so stinking cute...so at least he has that going for him. Such a happy baby...okay he is two years old, but he is still my baby! :)

Well you have heard enough from me. I will try and post some pictures! I will most likely wait until next week when the carpet is in! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished space!! So exciting! Let me know if you need some artwork, I am taking orders!

Anonymous said...

Man, that house addition is taking forever! :)