CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Seaside 2007

Hi. Many of you know that I took a vacation without Matt, Ethan and Evan. I have NEVER spent a night away from Evan, and Ethan it has only been once or twice. I had a great time. I went down to Seaside, FL with five of my high school friends. We have been working on this trip for over a year. Two friends could not make it...Vannessa and Kathryn we missed you! I don't believe that all six of us have been together since high school...maybe one other time in 13 years!!! Here are some stats on my friends:


1. Becky lives in Broomfield, CO with her her husband and two boys. She use to be my Vera Bradley connection...and after paying full price for my last 4 purses...I think I am going to start using her again. Also...It was Becky's brother, Mike, who let us stay at his vacation home in Seaside for FREE. Thanks Mike! Becky graduated from Ball State University.


2. Erika lives in Hoover, Alabama with her husband and crazy black lab! She is our newlywed as she and Hunter have been married for 2 years. Erika is also a BOILERMAKER! Erika is a first grade teacher....how does she do it????


3. Elizabeth lives in Fort Wayne...finally...she moved back there this summer after spending a couple of years in Nashville, Tennessee. She lives in FW with her husband and two daugthers. Elizabeth has been married the longest. She got married in the summer of 1998. Where did Elizabeth graduate college from?? Either, IU or Ball State????? I am drawing a blank...anyway Elizabeth's passion is creating one of a kind, custom hand painted children's furniture and accessories. See her website at lizzyanne.com


4. Mia lives in Granger, Indiana with her husband and one daughther and one son. She is the only one of us girls that has a son and a daughter. Mia married one of her life long friends, and a guy that was in my freshman English class at Purdue....small world! Mia graduated from St. Mary's with some degree in Math...beyond my comprehension! :) She is also a little creative bug, as she lives photography and creating stationary, announcements, invites...you name it.


5. Leah lives in Fishers, Indiana with her husband and son. Leah and I have a connection as we both have passion to work with kids with emotional/developmental disabilities. Her passion...shopping! Ha. JK


That is everyone. We had a blast! All of us do email on a weekly basis. That was something that I started (New Year's Resolution) many years ago. So even though we don't all get together...it really seemed like we have never been apart! Below are just some pictures from the trip...

The beach at Seaside.

Seaside at night time off of the roof top bar at Bud and Alley's

The beautiful beach! The Panhandle has the best beaches....

More Seaside pictures

This is the picture of the dump we stayed in....not. The place was absolutely WONDERFUL.

This is 5 of the 6 girls...no Erika. Once I get a picture with all 6 of us, then I will post it.

Left to right...Elizabeth, Mia, Leah, Me, and Becky.

The surf...where is the turf?

That is it! We had a great time, and thanks to all the husbands that supported us in taking this much needed WEBSTER GIRLS trip!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautiful! I'm glad you got to get away and have some fun!

Unknown said...

Great pics. Sounds likes a blast. We need a Purdue Girls trip...or even a Purdue friends trip would be fine with me. I think I just need a vacation...BAD! If only my husband wanted to go somewhere with me.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful! Glad you had a good time. Enjoy those rare moments without the hubby and kiddos.

Kathryn Egly said...

Thanks for the post and the pics! I wish I could have been there...hopefully next time the trip won't be planned the same weekend I'm due to deliver a child!